What is Sparc
Guide & FAQ
Interactive Q & A: Career + MBA Prep Sessions
3 results (0.03 seconds)
Recruiting Event: Investment Analyst Intern (Summer 2022)
Add To Calendar
Hercules Capital is a publicly-traded company.
We have funded more than 530 companies in which more than 190 have either IPO or exited (M&A) and have a market capitalization of over $2.0 billion.
I will highlight this role and other opportunities at Hercules Capital for college students.
Investment Analyst Interns will be working closely with Managing Directors, Vice Presidents, Associates and Analysts and ideal candidates will be responsible for deal execution, market research and analysis, and support of on-going portfolio management, writing and reviewing executive summaries, analyzing data, and creating and modifying ratio analysis.
Candidates must have strong knowledge of Excel, be able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment. Additional responsibilities may include contacting companies and doing extensive web-based research as well as entering and confirming information into the CRM and portfolio management databases.
Must be proficient in Excel, be able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
Candidates must be intellectually curious and possess strong ethical character.
Tenacious in meeting deadlines, with a strong sense of urgency and good self-management discipline.
Organized and efficient, with good ability to define priorities; good at figuring out the processes necessary to get things done.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Able to adapt to different situations and changing priorities.
Ability to work autonomously.
A confident team player who listens to internal and external input but can take decisive action.
Candidates should be able to read/understand a Balance Sheet, Income Statement, & Cash Flow Statement.
29 Spots Left
Director of M&A
Deadline: 9:00 am
sbLiftOff is an M&A advisory firm that serves lower middle market businesses throughout the U.S with revenues between $25 to $150 million with an EBITDA of between $2-8 million. The firm works with founder-led commercial businesses and businesses that focus exclusively on the US Federal Government Services market (GovCon). Our team has developed an expertise in transactions across a variety of high- growth sectors including, IT modernization, healthcare IT and B2B services such as facilities management, light manufacturing, materials testing and transportation logistics. These companies are owned by entrepreneurs who have built their businesses into profitable enterprises that will benefit greatly from capital infused by new investors and operational efficiencies for next-gen growth.
Founded by Sharon Heaton in 2017, sbLiftOff brings the expertise, discipline, and processes of much larger deals to the middle market business owner. We place significant emphasis on the founder-owner for whom this can be a major life event. Rather than a transactional approach, we insist on structuring deals that address all their goals not just financial goals and then we oversee the entirety of the transaction including post-close. We pride ourselves on getting our clients satisfying exits. The firm's senior team has collectively closed deals more than $350M in transaction value and offer 60 years of combined M&A experience. sbLiftOff, a woman-owned company with deep philanthropic interests. Our tagline is Realize Enduring Value. Whether it's our work with lower midmarket business owners or our charitable efforts sbLiftOff is working to give people the lift off they deserve.
The Director will lead deals with respect to all aspects of the financial analysis, client relationship and overseeing the close and post-close activities. The position provides an opportunity to work across a growing advisory platform in evaluating and preparing businesses for sale, overseeing the buyer search process, working with clients, and working with buyers and their advisors to close the transaction on behalf of clients. Together with the CEO, this role will negotiate the strongest deal terms for our clients and be responsible for delivering those terms at close. The Director, Transaction Advisory will lead the deal process with the client, their other advisors, the buyer, and financing institutions. They will also deploy resources as needed to close transactions. sbLiftOff pursues an integrated approach with respect to business development, client management, and transaction execution. Given this organizational structure, the candidate will have ample opportunity to gain exposure to all aspects of the business from business development/marketing to contributing to deal process improvements. Over time, this individual will be expected to play a significant role in all those areas and to build their own team of transactional professionals. Finally, clients are central to our business and therefore client engagement is a priority at sbLiftOff so this individual is expected to support the relationship management process whenever needed.
Responsibilities will include:
• Managing the preparation of financial models and business valuations
• Acting as the primary client relationship contact during due diligence
• Managing the work product of our Associate
• Working with our deal management system
• Tracking deal progress and highlighting issues early on in deals
• Collaborating with our business development team to evaluate and win new assignments and
• Assisting in the continued cultivation of client relationships
• Conducting industry and company-specific due diligence related to transactions or capital
• Developing an understanding of the underlying trends that affect the lower middle market
• Collaborating with our capital development team to understand the interests and investment
criteria of potential buyers
• Overseeing the preparation and review of transactional documents, overseeing external parties,
including lawyers, lending sources, consultants, and accountants.
• Ensure timely management of closing matters.
sbLiftOff is interested in recruiting an individual whose core qualifications include in order of importance: financial analysis acumen; deep understanding of the deal process, orchestrating due diligence and overseeing the interested parties to the transaction.
More specifically, the candidate will have:
• 5-7 yrs experience in sell side and buy side transactions, due diligence and the M&A advisory role
• Strong client management skills and a natural ability to develop relationships with clients and their executives over the course of the transaction
• Experience or knowledge of companies serving the needs of Federal agencies is a plus but not required
• Demonstrated track record of working on successful transactions
• Sound investment judgment based on strong analytical and valuation skills as well as both quantitative and qualitative due diligence capabilities
• Demonstrated expertise in financial statement analysis, business valuation, accounting, and finance.
• Exceptional financial modeling skills to review and direct financial analysis using dynamic models/waterfalls
• Exceptional business written and verbal communication skills
• Complete proficiency with PowerPoint and generating client presentations
• Outstanding academic track record from a top-tier school with an undergrad or graduate degree in Accounting and/or Finance In addition to these professional skills, personal characteristics that work well with our team include:
• Highly developed work ethic and a passion for excellence
• Strong collaborative skills with the ability to factor in alternative points of view.
• Ability to multi-task with a fine-tuned attention to detail
• Ability to articulate an opinion and present ideas in a concise manner both orally and in written form
• Ability to excel in both team and self-directed settings, and a comfort with a remote working environment
The firm is in Herndon, VA but candidates can expect to work in a hybrid format mixing remote and in-person hours
Compensation is competitive with the seniority of this position.
Vice President/Associate - Private Wealth Solutions - Family Capital (Latin America)
Deadline: 11:59 pm
Blackstone is the world’s largest alternative asset manager. We seek to create positive economic impact and long-term value for our investors, the companies we invest in, and the communities in which we work. We do this by using extraordinary people and flexible capital to help companies solve problems. Our $684 billion in assets under management include investment vehicles focused on private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, life sciences, growth equity, opportunistic, non-investment grade credit, real assets and secondary funds, all on a global basis.
Further information is available at www.blackstone.com.
Private Wealth Solutions
Private Wealth Solutions was established to answer the growing demand for Blackstone products from high-net worth investors. Partnering with many of the world’s largest private banks and wealth management firms as well as family offices, Blackstone’s Private Wealth Solutions team packages and delivers the full breadth of Blackstone’s alternative product capability to these firms and their clients and provides ongoing product and advisor support, as well as education and training around alternatives.
Private Wealth Solutions – Family Capital, Vice President/Associate (Latin America)
Develop and maintain relationships with Family Offices, Endowments & Foundations, Registered Investment Advisors, Private Banks and Broker/Dealers looking to achieve customized solutions through access to Blackstone’s multi-asset platform across Private Equity, Real Estate, Credit and Hedge Fund Solutions
Deliver the firm’s investment capabilities and full product suite and maintain in-depth knowledge of products across the Blackstone platform
Work closely with senior team leaders and business units on all aspects of business development, including leading diligence calls and requests
Prospect and develop new relationships across Latin America with specific country and client type coverage responsibilities
Provide on-going service, support and product education to relationships
Seek new relationships that broaden distribution, increase capital raised and enhance the firm’s connectivity in the region
Work with internal marketing, operations, legal and compliance groups to ensure proper coverage, resources and onboarding support are provided
Blackstone seeks to hire individuals who work well in a team-driven working group, are highly motivated, intelligent, have sound judgment and have demonstrated excellence in prior endeavors.
The Successful Candidate Must Have
Bachelor degree (MBA/CFA/CAIA a plus)
4+ years’ experience with ideally 2+ years’ spent in an investment banking or capital markets, asset management position
Series 7 license
Experience selling or marketing diverse set of alternative investment products
Excellent presentation and public speaking skills required
Strong attention to detail
Must be a self-starter and independent
The Blackstone Group and its affiliates provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital or partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic predisposition, veteran or military status, status as a victim of domestic violence, a sex offense or stalking, or any other classification prohibited by applicable law.