Meet the hiring team
Diversity Recruiter at The Carlyle Group
The anticipated weekly wage for this internship will be based on an annualized base salary of $100,000.
Global Credit is a global, multi-product, markets-focused investment platform with approximately $141 billion of assets under management. More than 200 investment professionals manage 60 active funds that seek to provide investors an edge in pursuing opportunities to create value across various types of credit, public equities and alternative instruments.
The Global Credit business seeks multiple Summer Analysts to join their 2024 Summer Analyst Program. This program is a ten-week internship in two of its largest investment verticals: Direct Lending and Opportunistic Credit.
Carlyle’s Global Credit group offers Summer Analysts the chance to be engaged on our investment processes and add value within our deal teams. Summer Analysts will have the opportunity to also engage with professionals across Carlyle and Global Credit with weekly lunch and learns, senior leader mentorship, and other developmental opportunities.
The primary responsibility of the Summer Analyst will be to collaborate with small deal teams to analyze and execute investments. Our Summer Analysts will help to manage and complete the various portfolio reporting functions required by the team, such as company specific quarterly valuation reports and analysis (both quantitative and qualitative); extensive financial modelling; compiling quarterly portfolio updates for the investment team.
Additionally, the Summer Analyst will support the investment professionals in tasks such as preparing fund communications and marketing materials, processing non-disclosure agreements for new opportunities, and conducting general market and industry specific research.
Education & Certificates
• To be eligible for the Carlyle Summer Analyst Program, students must be enrolled in a 4-year undergraduate university with the intended graduation date of Winter 2024 – Spring 2025
• Preferred GPA of 3.5 or above
• Prior internship in private credit or financial services is recommended
• Previous experience working in a team-based environment with multiple and often competing priorities in a pressure, deadline driven environment.
Competencies & Attributes
• Acutely analytical and passionate about learning and developing both as an individual and as part of a team.
• Strong sense of accountability, responsiveness, and follow-through
• Team oriented, with consistent drive to maximize value-add to team
• Consistent attention to details
• Ability to handle projects with minimal training or oversight
• Organized and practical, can turn high level direction into tasks to execute
• Highly adaptable, with flexibility on depth and breadth of role and responsibilities
About the company
Carlyle is a global investment firm with $325 billion of assets under management. Our purpose is to invest wisely and create value on behalf of our investors, portfolio companies and the communities in which we live and invest. Founded in 1987 in Washington, DC, Carlyle has grown into one of the world’s largest and most successful global investment firms, with nearly 1,850 people operating in 26 offices across five continents.